The Cornish Way
The alternative to the South West Cost Path is The Cornish Way which is aimed at cyclists as well as walkers. Its six routes run between Bude and Lands End, with a few detours on the way. As the crow flies, Newquay falls in the middle of these two towns and is a great place to rest and recuperate after a hard day on the road.
Please see further details of the Cornish Cycle Way below.
- From – To: Lands End to Bude via Newquay and Padstow or St Austell
- Distance: 123 miles. Map shows 175 miles of route, of which 29 are traffic-free.
- National Cycle Network: Routes 3 and 32
- Type: There is something for everyone! Including mainly minor, rural roads with some traffic free sections mean that novice cyclists and more experienced cyclists are both catered for equally.
- Maps: Sections of the route are downloadable from Cornwall Council’s website. Sustrans map of the entire Cornish Way can be purchased here