Cornish Translation: Tewyn meaning Sand Dunes
- Lifeguards: Mid May – September including Easter weekend
- Dogs allowed year-round
- Nearest Pay Parking: Manor Car Park (246 spaces). For parking information click here.
- Various restaurants and cafe’s close by
- Toilet Facilities close by
- Deck Chair hire available from Blue Reef Aquarium
- Disabled Access
Towan Beach is the western-most of the four ajoining beaches (the others being Great Western, Tolcarne and Lusty Glaze) in Newquay, which combine at low tide to cover over a mile of family-friendly sand that holds several little bathing pools for the family. Of the four beaches, the north-facing Towan Beach is situated closest to Newquay town centre. Accessed by steps down from the Killacourt or via a short but steep incline at the end of Beach Road. It is also where you will find Newquay’s most photographed landmark – The Island, nestled just off the coast. The Island’s former owners were famous scientist Sir Oliver Lodge.