Also known as Tregurrian Beach
- Lifeguards: Daily-May – September including Easter weekend
- Dogs allowed year-round
- Parking available at Watergate Bay(400 Spaces). For parking information click here.
- Coach Parking available
- A European designated beach for the highest standard of water quality
- Variety of restaurants and Cafe’s
- Disabled access
- Water sport equipment hire
Tregurrian Beach based at Watergate Bay spans two miles of golden sands, situated 3 miles from the town centre of Newquay, a 15minute drive or a 45minute walk. The wide expanses of sand and proximity to Newquay make Watergate Bay a popular destination for families. The bay’s Atlantic swells make it equally popular with water sports enthusiasts, and the beach hosts annual surfing events. The beach is backed by steep cliffs and is flanked north and south by Stem Point and Trevelgue Head respectively. Watergate Bay is normally quieter than those beaches closer to Newquay however during the summer months this can change.